The goal of the sales team is to generate new business opportunities and build awareness of South Walton as a destination for the meetings and conventions, incentives, weddings, and consumer travel markets. We aim to be a trusted source of information while inspiring travel to South Walton.
Recently Attended Shows/Events:
- Independent Planners Education Conference (IPEC), April 21-24 – Staff traveled to Louisville, KY to participate in this in-person conference that is tailored to the unique needs of the highly sought audience of independent planners that are not associated with any 3rd party organizations.
- We had 22 appointments with qualified meeting planners to showcase the destination.
- Rendezvous South, May 10-12 – Staff will travel to Lake Charles, LA to participate in Rendezvous South and meet with planners seeking information on meeting destinations in the Southern U.S. Event planners and destination teams from across the South come together for this limited-attendance, boutique-style event where numbers are kept small and plenty of networking opportunities are offered to give attendees a chance to really get to know one another. Known for its relaxed, small-group setting and exceptional personalized service, Rendezvous South inspires lasting business relationships. 18 face-to-face appointments have been confirmed with planners and Visit South Walton is the featured sponsor of the event, as well.
- Small Market Meetings Summit, May 12-13 – This show is being held in Panama City Beach. It is a gathering of destinations, hotels, and conference centers with meeting planners looking for small to medium size destinations. We will have an opportunity to meet with all 25 planners for 12-minute sessions to showcase South Walton as a perfect meeting destination. We also added a sponsorship to this event to increase brand awareness which will feature the VSW logo on all aisle signs, all over the mission floor, on all buyer booth numbers placed in each booth, on the conference monitor during appointments, and on all conference sponsorship materials and signage.
- I Heart Media’s Bourbon and Bubbles, May 22 – Visit South Walton is the presenting sponsor of this one-day event that will be held in Franklin, TN, where we will exhibit and share information about South Walton as a leisure destination for Fall and Winter.
Visitor Center Updates:
For the month of April, the Visitor Center welcomed 1,689 guests and sold $14,038 in merchandise. We offer a convenient in-store pickup option is available through our online store, so visitors or residents who are nearby can place an order online and skip the shipping costs by picking up their merchandise at the Visitor Center. Curbside pickup is also available.
Merchandise Spotlight: Cool Dri Performance Shirts
Whether you're taking a leisurely stroll along the Timpoochee Trails or one of the more than 200 miles of trails in South Walton, our Hanes Cool Dri Performance Shirts are the perfect option to stay cool while enjoying some fun in the sun.
These 100% polyester performance tees feature the "Find Your Perfect Beach" message on the front and our 16 beach neighborhoods screen printed on the back. They are available in three colors: Graphite, White and True Royal. CLICK HERE to purchase your Cool Dri Performance Shirt ($15).