March Website Stats:
- Users & Page Views:
- This month there were a total of 243,959 page views, a 21% increase from last month. March also saw 107, 994 unique users visit the website, a 3.8% increase.
- Users who visited the site in March were mostly female (63%), between the ages 25-34 (21%) and new visitors (85%). Returning visitors increased by 19% compared to February, accounting for 17% of all traffic to the website in March.
- Traffic to the site increased in both sessions (10%) and users (4%). Engagement metrics saw an increase in average session duration (25%) and pages per session (11%).
- Most of the traffic to the website in February came from organic search (31%), paid search (22%), and social media (15%).
- Consistent with previous months, mobile devices were the primary driver of traffic to the website, making up 62% of total sessions. While mobile devices brought in the most sessions, desktops continued to account for the most engagement in average session duration (1:50), the highest number of pages per session (2.40) and the lowest bounce rate (52%).
- Top Cities: Atlanta, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, Nashville and New Orleans.
- In March, users from Texas, Georgia and Florida were responsible for the most sessions. North Carolina accounted for the largest increase in sessions (42%).
- Most viewed pages:
- Online Visitor Guide Data:
- Our online Visitor Guide page saw a 36% increase in page views in March.
- Visitor Guide page views increased (25%) while average time on page decreased (4%) to 1:28.
- In March, there were a total of 764 Visitor Guide requests.
Social in South Walton:
Through our targeted approach, we are able to share the destination’s story and network to the appropriate markets, while providing informational and inspirational content to motivate future visitation.
Check out some of the highlights from our channels from this season:
- Total Followers: 331,146
- Total Monthly Impressions: 4,453,707
- Total Monthly Reach: 1,516, 479
- Top Follower City: Houston, TX (8,414 followers)
- Top Performing Video:
- Total Followers: 16,700
- Total Monthly Impressions: 216,000
- Total Monthly Engagement: 3,616
- Profile Visits: 4,834
- Content Shares: 171 Retweets / 732 Likes
- Followers: 48,301
- Total Monthly Organic Impressions: 56,101
- Total Monthly Engagement: 3,819
- Total Monthly Organic Reach: 51,404
- Tick Tock: This platform has opened many doors for South Walton. While we still continue to grow our followers, we have the ability to share everything the destination has to offer, including state parks, business spotlights and inspirational beach content.
- Don’t forget to tag us (#SouthWalton and @SouthWalton) in all social media posts! Not only does this improve engagement, but also allows our social team to stay connected to what’s new in South Walton!
South Walton would love to help share your story! For any social media inquiries, please reach out to Catie Feeney, Social Media Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to follow our social platforms!
Book>Direct Accommodations Search Engine:
Visit South Walton has partnered with Book>Direct to provide accommodation partners with the ability to display real-time rates and availability on visitsouthwalton.com. If you would like to add or update a rental property listing, please email Haley@visitsouthwalton.com.
To view the Book>Direct user interface and its functionality, please visit the STAY page of our website. If you need more information about Book>Direct or signing up as a South Walton partner, contact Lisa Foster, industry relations specialist, at Lisa@visitsouthwalton.com or (850) 333-2728.
Beach Safety Collateral:
With 26 miles of sugar-white sand and turquoise water along the Gulf of Mexico, the safety of South Walton's beachgoers is a priority. In addition to funding the South Walton Fire District's beach safety lifeguards, the TDC shares beach safety information in a variety of ways, including beach safety flags at our beach access points, printed materials (like our beach guides, specialty guides/magazines, coasters at local restaurants and beach flag magnets), beach condition text messages and in-person interactions with beachgoers through our Beach Ambassador and Volunteer Beach Ambassador programs.
If you'd like any printed materials to share with your guests, please contact Lisa Foster, industry relations specialist, at Lisa@visitsouthwalton.com or (850) 333-2728. We'd be more than happy to deliver these items to you or arrange a pickup at the Visitor Center, which is open seven days a week, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- CLICK HERE to download our beach safety poster to print on your own.
- CLICK HERE to view our online beach guide.
- For current beach conditions and flag updates, text "FLAG" to 31279*
- *South Walton Beach Conditions: Message and Data Rates May Apply. Periodic Messaging. For help, text HELP, text STOP to end.
North Walton Event Support Program:
Visit South Walton is now accepting applications for the North Walton Event Support Program. This program is intended to support, grow and promote local special events that have the ability to generate economic impact and overnight stays, in Walton County. Applicants whose events are accepted into the program will receive a sponsorship fee from Visit South Walton to support their event.
More information can be found here: https://www.visitsouthwalton.com/2022-event-marketing-application/
The deadline for submission is April 28, 2021. No applications will be accepted or considered after that time.
Visit South Walton is proud to offer a family of publications including VISIT, STAY, PERFECT, FOREVER, EXPLORE and SAVOR. CLICK HERE to see online versions of each guide.
- VISIT is a revamped version of our Visitor Guide, complete with features on the South Walton culinary scene, lifestyle, events and outdoor exploration.
- STAY showcases our diverse collection of accommodations, in addition to annual events and the different ways you can "stay" in South Walton.
- PERFECT celebrates the businesses and events that were honored as our 2021 Perfect in South Walton Award winners.
- FOREVER is your guide to weddings in South Walton. Learn about the variety of venues available and all of the ways you can create lasting memories on your big day.
- EXPLORE is exactly what you need to get out and discover South Walton's abundance of natural beauty, outdoor activities, live music and dynamic arts and culture scenes.
- SAVOR is our spotlight on all things culinary in South Walton, from waterfront and fine dining to coastal casual eats and full restaurant listings.
We'd love for you to share these free guides with your guests. Please contact Industry Relations Specialist Lisa Foster at Lisa@visitsouthwalton.com or (850) 333-2728 to place an order and make arrangements for either pick up at the Visitor Center or delivery to your office or vacation rental.
Visit South Walton is focused on keeping potential visitors up to date on business changes and any applicable regulations related to COVID-19, including steps to ensure visitor and resident safety.
For those already in market, our focus is providing information on how to keep our community safe, as well as updates on local businesses that are offering adjusted services and are open for business. See an ad example HERE:
Our goal is not only to inform but to also keep South Walton top of mind with our guests by providing up-to-date information, virtual experiences and pertinent news related to our community.