We appreciate your patience and support, and we're here to help in any way that we can. Below is a brief update on the actions and responses the Board of County Commissioners and the Walton County TDC have taken to date.
- On March 19, Walton County Commissioners voted to temporarily close all 26 miles of beach in Walton County in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19 among our visitors and residents.
- On March 24, Walton County Commissioners voted to suspend all beach vending permits due to COVID-19, effective immediately. This results in no beach vending being allowed on all beaches in Walton County.
- The Walton County TDC's leadership chose to pause all paid marketing (digital, print and social media) in response to COVID-19. Additionally, we've shifted our social media messaging, as we are not encouraging visitation, but reminding visitors that when the time is right, South Walton will be here.
- We created our COVID-19 Travel Updates page as a way to keep our visitors, partners and locals up-to-date on what's happening in South Walton.
- We've been communicating with our partners almost daily, offering any support that we can during the current situation.
- Garbage collection on South Walton's beaches has also been paused temporarily.